Aleutian Cod Trawl
Is a two panel, low opening Cod & Sole Trawl. The design incorporates a headrope with lots of overhang far forward of the Footrope to hold fast moving Cod. The low headrope height allows Pelagic and Semi Pelagic Fish species to avoid capture while concentrating on high value Cod and Sole. Short bottom wings and strategically located heavy border netting minimizes damage and makes for quick repairs.
- NET Systems Bottom Trawls undergo rigorous Engineering design work from the NETS team of expert Trawl Engineers. Each design is tailored to the specific requirements of Captain, Vessel, Market and Fish species. Every design is tested and perfected both on the Fishing Grounds and the Flume/Tow Tank.
- Low stretch, high-strength riblines insure proper trawl shape under heavy cod end loads. New High Tenacity ribline materials add a tough and abrasion resistant advantage over older style ropes. Braided High Tenacity Riblines add torque free stability to the Trawl framework for increased catch rates.
- NET System’s engineered Footrope designs incorporate the finest grade-80 chain and heavy duty steel components made in house to perfectly match Footrope hardware to NETS Footrope designs. Rubber components complete the footrope and NET Systems stocks a wide variety of Bobbins, Discs & Rock Hoppers that can fill the needs of all sea floor conditions.
- New Twine Dynamics allow for unparalleled strength in today’s Polyethylene (PE) netting. Increased breaking strengths resulting in smaller twine diameters and rugged resistance to abrasion offers substantial advantages over yesterday’s PE. NETS incorporates the highest grade of PE knotted netting available in our quest for perfection.
- Assembly of Bottom Trawls is done by an experienced and well trained crew of Professional Net Makers. Years in training, each team member must be able to prove mastery with each stage of Bottom Trawl construction in order to advance in rank and standing. Your Bottom Trawl was made by professionals.
|Maximum Design Dimensions
||6 x 1
||10.9 x 1.8
||7 x 1
||12.8 x 1.8
||7.5 x 1
||13.7 x 1.8
||8 x 1.5
||14.6 x 2.7
||11 x 2
||20.1 x 3.7
||14 x 2.5
||25.6 x 4.6
|Note: Numbers are approximate and based on the use of the appropriate doors, buoyancy, weight, and rigging.